NASA/Science Office of Standards and Technology (NOST)
Digital Curation Resources
Standards in Use at NSSDCA
- Reference Model for an Open Archival Information System (OAIS), CCSDS 650.0-B-1, CCSDS, 2003. (equivalent to ISO 65421:2003)
- The Open Archival Information System and the NSSDC, Don Sawyer, The NSSDC Newsletter, December 2000
- NSSDC Canonical File, Don Sawyer and John Garrett, The NSSDC Newsletter, December 2000
- The Functions of DIOnAS and Related Software, Pat McCaslin, Mark Hei and John Garrett, The NSSDC Newsletter, December 2000
- IMAGE Sends Archival Information Packages to NSSDC, Don Sawyer and Rick Burley, The NSSDC Newsletter, December 2000
- NSSDC Makes Major Data Management Advances, Joe King, The NSSDC Newsletter, December 2000
- A Brief Overview of the NSSDC Archival Information Package (AIP), John Garrett, April 2006
- Preservation Metadata and the OAIS Information Model - A Metadata Framework to Support the Preservation of Digital Objects, The
Working Group on Preservation Metadata,
Developing Standards Proposed for Use at NSSDCA
Inter-organizational Agreements with NSSDCA
Other Curation Resources
- The Goddard Metadata Review Group(MRG)
The MRG brings together metadata experts with a primary focus on project documentation and related objects.
- Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA)
CODATA is an interdisciplinary Scientific Committee of the International Council for Science (ICSU), which works to improve the quality, reliability, management and accessibility of data of importance to all fields of science and technology.
- Digital Curation Centre (DCC)
iThe DCC supports expertise and practice in data curation and digital preservation across communities of practice.
- D-Lib Magazine
D-Lib Magazine is an electronic publication with a primary focus on digital library research and development.
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI)
The DOI system is used to identifying content objects in the digital environment. Information about a digital object, including its location, may change over time, but its DOI will not change.
- Digital Preservation Coalition
The Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC) was established in 2001 to foster joint action to address the urgent challenges of securing the preservation of digital resources in the UK and to work with others internationally to secure our global digital memory and knowledge base.
- International Council for Scientific and Technical Information (ICSTI)
ICSTI offers a forum for interaction between organizations that create, disseminate and use scientific and technical information. ICSTI's mission cuts across scientific and technical disciplines, as well as international borders.
- indecs (interoperability of data in e-commerce systems)
initiative of rights owners creating metadata standards for e-commerce
- International Research on Permanent Authentic Records in Electronic Systems (InterPARES)
InterPARES aims at developing the theoretical and methodological knowledge essential to the long-term preservation of authentic records created and/or maintained in digital form.
- Library of Congress (LoC)
National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
- National Agricultural Library (NAL) Preservation Program (USA)
The mission of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's NAL Preservation Program is to preserve and ensure access to the intellectual content and physical composition of agricultural works of national and international importance indefinitely into the future.
Networked European Deposit Library (NEDLIB) and
Koninklijke Bibliotheek: The National Library of the Netherlands
NEDLIB is a collaborative project of European national libraries aiming to ensure that electronic publications of the present can be used now and in the future.
- Functional Process Model (Interactive presentation of the OAIS-based Model)
(Wait for Functional Process Model to cycle by and click on it or click on Results menu item at top and then chose Functional Process Model.
- Workflow (Interactive presentation of the OAIS-based Workflow)
(Wait for Workflow to cycle by and click on it or click on Results menu item at top and then chose Workflow.
- Online Computer Library Center (OCLC)
OCLC is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs.
- OKOLN: the UK Office for Library and Information Networking
A centre of expertise in digital information management, providing advice and services to the library, information, education and cultural heritage communities based at the University of Bath.
- Preserving Access to Digital Infomation (PADI) and
The National Library of Australia
PADI is a subject gateway to international digital preservation resources.
Standards in use in domains served by NSSDCA
Lunar and Planetary Science