Certification (Best Practices) Checklist
Does the archive have a written plan which spells out and justifies its assumptions and practices?
- Does the archive have a mission statement?
- This defines collection parameters, and annual work plans.
- Is the plan acceptable to the archive sponsor, resource allocator, data creator, certifying board?
- Is there a plan for staging ingestion of data into archive?
- This defines the at-risk components.
- Is there a concept of operations plan for the archive?
- Has a legal authority been defined for the archive to justify retention of data?
- Do you have a governing board for the archive?